Mozanta Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Mozanta policy document for CSR activities
Mozanta Technologies Private Limited (hereinafter referred as “the Company”) is a digital transformation catalyst, deeply engaged with the retail commerce domain. The Company believes in conducting its business ethically and with the highest degree of integrity. The Company strives for the sustainable development of all the stakeholders including employees, customers and the society at large.
Objective of the CSR Policy
- To ensure that the Company is committed to operate its business in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner, while recognizing the interests of all its stakeholders.
- To take up programmes that benefit the communities in and around its work centers and over a period of time, results in enhancing the quality of life of the people in the area of its business operations.
- To generate a community goodwill for the Company and help reinforce a positive image of the Company.
CSR Policy and its Scope
In accordance with Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made there under, the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee constituted by the Board of directors of the Company has adopted the Corporate Social Responsibility policy of the Company. The Company shall undertake specific programmes and projects as approved by the CSR committee from time to time, in the any of the following categories:
- Eradication of hunger, poverty, malnutrition
- Promoting healthcare including preventive healthcare
- Promoting education, vocational skills among children, women, elderly and the differently abled
- Promoting gender equality, women empowerment, setting- up old age homes, day care centers and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups
- Environmental protection, ecological balance, conservation of natural resources etc;
- Preserving natural heritage, promoting work of art, traditional art etc;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces, war widows, their dependents etc;
- Promotion of sports
- Contribution to Prime Minister’s relief fund or any other fund set up by government for socio-economic development;
- Contributions to incubators or research and development projects in the field of science, technology, engineering and medicine, funded by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking or any agency of the Central Government or State Government;
- Rural area/slum area development, contribution to Swacch Bharat Kosh set up for promotion of sanitation etc.
- Any other activities / programs / initiatives, which are in conformity with the activities to be undertaken in areas or subjects specified in Schedule VII to the Act (as amended from time to time by way of issue of circular/notifications/ guidelines by the competent authority)
Applicability of CSR Policy
- This Policy shall apply to all CSR projects/programs undertaken by the Company in India as per Schedule VII of the Act. 4.2
- This policy will apply to the organization as a whole, including all the branch offices, divisions both present and future.
The Board of Directors in the meeting dated 04-Apr-2022, Monday, constituted the CSR committee consisting of the following two Directors from the Board of Directors, which shall be responsible for framing the CSR Policy and its implementation and monitoring from time to time.
The roles & responsibilities of CSR Committee include:
- Formulate and recommend to the Board, a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the company as specified in Schedule VII of Companies Act, 2013;
- Prepare the annual budgets for each financial year, highlighting the projects that need to be run and the associated financials.
- Identify and recommend various projects to the CSR Committee for approval.
- Prepare the high level plan and constitute a project team to run/manage the projects.
- Monitor the projects and report progress to the CSR Committee.
- Monitor the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy of the Company from time to time.
- Adhere to Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 & Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 (including any statutory modifications, amendments or re-enactments thereto for the time being in force).
- Any such matter as the CSR committee may deem appropriate subject to approval by the Board of Directors from time to time.
The Company may at any financial year spend at least 2 % of average net profits made during the three immediately preceding financial years, in pursuance of its CSR policy or such other amounts may be decided by the CSR committee from time to time. The CSR expenditure incurred by the Company shall not form part of business expenditure.
- All CSR Expenditure can be authorized by any one of the Directors in the CSR Committee by email.
- All CSR Expenditure authorized shall be placed before the next meeting of the CSR Committee for approval.
Pursuant to Schedule VII of the Act and the CSR Rules, the Company shall undertake CSR activities included in its Annual CSR Plan, as recommended by the CSR Committee at the beginning of each year. The Committee is authorized to approve any modification to the existing Annual CSR Plan or to propose any new program during the financial year under Review.
Annual CSR Plan
The Annual CSR Plan is a yearly plan of CSR activities that would be placed before the Board of Directors of the Company based on recommendation of its CSR Committee which outlines inter alia the following aspects of CSR initiatives of the Company:
- Project Proposals Targeted Beneficiaries and their key needs
- Alignment with Schedule VII
- Project Goals and milestones
- Activities and Timelines including expected closure dates
- CSR Budget with projections
- Monitoring mechanism
- Monthly/Quarterly Progress Report
- Site Visits
- Documentary evidence including photographs, films and videos
- Fund utilization documents.
- Constant tracking and review of the actual vs. targeted beneficiary delight
- Risks and mitigation strategies
- Any other information as may be required by the CSR Committee
The Board of Directors of the Company shall have the power to amend or substitute any of the provisions of this Policy or replace this Policy in its entirety with a new Policy on recommendation of the CSR Committee.
The Company shall undertake the CSR policy in accordance with Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Schedule VII and Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility) Rules 2015. All the disclosures and reporting requirements related to CSR shall be made in accordance with the provisions of the Act and Rules made there under.